Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ueno Park

Spent some time at Ueno Park over the weekend. Its a nice little area. There are some museums, temples, and even a zoo there. They don't however have any grass. I was hoping to lay down and fall asleep reading a book but its all pretty much cement. A recurring theme in Tokyo. The scenery was nice though. There is a pond where you can rent paddle boats.

I ended up going to the zoo. However I couldn't help but feel saddened by seeing these unhappy animals in there cages. I used to enjoy going to the zoo, but now I just feel that what we are doing to these animals is wrong. Anyone else feel this way? I couldn't bring myself to take pictures of the pacing tiger, or the depressed looking Silverback Gorilla, but I snapped a few photos at the end. Including some shots of my favorite animal, the Llama!

No comments: