Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Apartment

So, at the end of March, I moved into my new apartment. Its the smallest place I've ever had but its really not that bad. And it seems to suit my lifestyle here very well. It took me a little while to get settled in but I now have almost everything I need.(still need to get internet connection). Apartments here don't come with anything. So I tracked down what they call "Sayonara Sales" and got myself a bed, fridge, washer and other various things. Basically when a foreigner is leaving the country they sell all their stuff for cheap, otherwise they have to pay to have it removed.

My area is called Okusawa which isn't anything special, mostly just residences and some restaurants. However I live about 5 minutes walk from a place called Jiyugaoka. Its a cute little area with tons of shops and restaurants and bars. I often hang out there with my friends. Also I just joined a gym in that area. I don't have any pictures of my place furnished as it has been to messy to take pictures of it. ha ha. But here are some taken right before I moved in. Also some pictures of the area around my place. Enjoy!

No comments: