Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tokyo Dining

Since coming to Tokyo, I've had the chance to go to some really cool restaurants.

The first one is Gompachi. This restaurant was the inspiration for the setting of the major fight scene in the movie "Kill Bill." Its a huge place and the atmosphere so neat. The food was great. They are known for their Soba noodles, which are hand made there in the restaurant. I guess there are several locations but I've only been to the one. Its a must go if you come to Tokyo. I even heard George Bush went there and threw up. Not because of the food I hope.

While my friend Zan was in town we went with some friends of mine to this place called "Ninja." I think it is mostly geared towards tourists and people on buisness trips. The whole place is decked out like a ninja layer. At the entrance you are greeted by a ninja and taken through a series of caves and corridors to your table. All the staff are dressed and act like ninja. The dishes are japanese but they add a bit of flare to them. After your done eating, a ninja comes to your table and does some magic for you. Its really a cool place and the atmosphere is totally unique. I tried to take some photo with my phone but it was just too dark. You'll have to see if for yourself.


Close to my apartment there is a great little Jamaican Curry place (pictured on the right). Its called Rude Boy. You walk in and you feel like your in Jamaica, except everyone is Asian. The food is really good and they were more than willing to change some dishes to meet my vegan needs. Its a nice cozy place to enjoy some curry, some Reggae music and a few Red Stripe beers.

No comments: